About This Quote
What does the brain matter compared with the heart? is a quote by Albert Einstein. This is a very good question because for most of us, the brain (the thinking part of the body) is one of our biggest achievements. For example, if someone had no arms or legs, you would think that they would be no good without them. However, they can still do quite a lot with what they have.
The brain is like that. It is quite an achievement (although it is not our only achievement). In life, we often put things into perspective as to what matters more than the other.
In this quote, Einstein gets this question right as he reminds us that it doesn’t matter how smart we are - what matters more than the other is the heart. The world works better when we have both heart and mind working together as a team.
Source: Mrs. Dalloway
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Virginia Woolf
- One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
- Love, the poet said, is woman's whole existence.
- Dearest, I feel certain that I am going mad again. I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and I can't concentrate. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>So I am doing what seems the...
- What does the brain matter compared with the heart?
- To love makes one solitary.