About This Quote
Not everyone who loves music can play the tune.Estelle This is a sentence which was written by the great poet Alexander Pope, in his famous poem An Essay on Criticism. The meaning of this sentence is that not everyone who likes music can play the tune. When you like something, you want to do it or do it well, but not everyone love music can play the tune. Many people who like music can't play the tune. Besides, while playing the tune, if you regret while playing it then you should stop playing it because if you don't stop then you won't be able to know how good you are at playing the tune.
Some Similar Quotes
- The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
- By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
More Quotes By Nora Roberts
- When you find somebody you love, all the way through, and she loves you–even with your weaknesses, your flaws, everything starts to click into place. And if you can talk to her, and she listens, if she makes you laugh, and makes you think, makes...
- I’ve never been the one. Not for anybody.” He closed the distance between them. “You’ll get used to it.” He tipped her face up to his, kissed her.“ Why? Why am I the one?”“ Because my life opened up, and it flooded with color when...
- Do you know how many ways love can hit you? So it makes you happy, or miserable? It makes you sick in the belly or hurt in the heart. It makes everything brighter and sharper, or it blurs all the edges. It makes you feel...
- Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives...
- That woman doesn't have the sense God gave a retarded flea.