The feeling of loving her and being loved by her welled up in him, and he could taste the adrenaline in the back of his throat, and maybe it wasn't over, and maybe he could feel her hand in his again and hear her loud, brash voice contort itself into a whisper to say I-love-you as if it were a secret, and an immense one.John Green
About This Quote
In the movie "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest," by Ken Kesey, there is a scene where the main character, Jack Nicholson's character, begins to choke from his mental illness. He begins to feel a little dizzy and slightly disoriented. His wife notices his distress and tries to help him with a kiss. The kiss is a way of showing him that he is loved and wanted in the world. This scene shows how our feelings of love can overcome our most difficult obstacles.
Source: An Abundance Of Katherines
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By John Green
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I'm in love with you, " he said quietly." Augustus, " I said." I am, " he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of...
- Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them, " I said." Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.
- NO. No no no. I don't want to screw you. I just love you. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>When did who you want to screw become the whole game? Since when is the person you want to screw the only person you get to love? It's so...
- I'll fight it. I'll fight it for you. Don't you worry about me, Hazel Grace. I'm okay. I'll find a way to hang around and annoy you for a long time.