About This Quote
He does something to me, that boy. Every time. Itâ€™s his only detriment. He steps on my heart.
He makes me cry. The idea of being in love is one that has enchanted people since the beginning of time. And, when that happens, you will quickly find yourself saying all sorts of things about your lover.
Needless to say, as soon as you begin to say such things, youâ€™ll quickly realize just how much those words truly mean to you. You may even find it difficult to stop the flow of those words from your mouth, as though you meant them all along but could not bring yourself to let go and speak them aloud until now.
Source: The Book Thief
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Markus Zusak
- The only thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy that loves you.
- He does something to me, that boy. Every time. It’s his only detriment. He steps on my heart. He makes me cry.
- A DEFINITION NOT FOUND IN THE DICTIONARY Not leaving: an act of trust and love, often deciphered by children
- She leaned down and looked at his lifeless face and Leisel kissed her best friend, Rudy Steiner, soft and true on his lips. He tasted dusty and sweet. He tasted like regret in the shadows of trees and in the glow of the anarchist's suit...
- If only she could be so oblivious again, to feel such love without knowing it, mistaking it for laughter.