About This Quote
In this quote, Buddha is saying that goodness without wisdom is nice but not always enough. You can be a nice person and still make bad decisions. However, when you add wisdom to your goodness, the good decisions take place.
Source: Stranger In A Strange Land
Some Similar Quotes
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection
- In youth, it was a way I had, To do my best to please. And change, with every passing lad To suit his theories. But now I know the things I know And do the things I do, And if you do not like me...
- You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and...
More Quotes By Robert A. Heinlein
- Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
- Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy - in fact, they are almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other.
- May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
- Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used...
- Some people insist that 'mediocre' is better than 'best.' They delight in clipping wings because they themselves can't fly. They despise brains because they have none.