About This Quote
In this quote from the movie The Secret, Oprah Winfrey is saying that the secret to a happy life is to make a mistake and learn from it. If you fall down seven times, get up eight times, and learn from it. This is a good saying for teenagers because they tend to make a lot of mistakes and fear getting back up. However, once you understand that all mistakes are just lessons in life, then you can continue on with your life as best as you can.
Source: The Alchemist
Some Similar Quotes
- The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.
- By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
More Quotes By Paulo Coelho
- One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
- When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
- So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
- If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him...
- Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.