People will rather pass by the weak, the lame, the beggars, the orphans, the tormented, the widows and take their large offerings to church, to the man of God who already has a mansion and jets , what a shallow mindedness.
About This Quote
It’s a good thing that people who have a lot of money and a mansion always help the poor, or else they wouldn’t have anything to give. It’s not that they don’t give money to the poor, it’s just that they do it in a different way. They make donations to the church instead of giving directly to the poor. In this quote, William Shakespeare is making a statement about the difference between giving to the needy and giving to God.
Source: Create Your Own Net Worth
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By Sunday Adelaja
- The principles you know determines what you get
- God chose to save you for a purpose
- True respect respects all men, it values all people.
- The world seems to have certain criteria with which it judges the value of people.
- People will rather pass by the weak, the lame, the beggars, the orphans, the tormented, the widows and take their large offerings to church, to the man of God who already has a mansion and jets , what a shallow mindedness.