About This Quote
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. This old saying is a testament to the power of hope. The idea that there is something better to look forward to when you are grown up, whether that be a comfortable retirement or a life full of adventure and excitement. When we have children and they grow up, we hope for them to have a long and happy life. We hope that they will have a lot of fun and be loved by many people.
And when we ourselves grow old, we can look back at our lives with pride and fondness. It should not matter whether we live one year or one thousand years, because we will always remember the good times we had along the way.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By Robert A. Heinlein
- Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
- Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy - in fact, they are almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other.
- May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
- Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used...
- Some people insist that 'mediocre' is better than 'best.' They delight in clipping wings because they themselves can't fly. They despise brains because they have none.