About This Quote
The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer. In order to love ourselves, we must first acknowledge that we are not perfect. We can do things that will make us feel badly about ourselves. However, if we allow those feelings to lead us into hateful actions, then we cannot love ourselves.
Instead, we will only love those who hurt us. This is a dangerous path to travel.
Source: Single Dad Laughing
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Dan Pearce
- People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.
- Dads. It’s time to show our sons how to properly treat a woman. It’s time to show our daughters how a girl should expect be treated. It’s time to show forgiveness and compassion. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>It’s time to show our children empathy. It’s time to...
- My request today is simple. Today. Tomorrow. Next week. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>Find somebody, anybody, that’s different than you. Somebody that has made you feel ill-will or even hateful. Somebody whose life decisions have made you uncomfortable. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>Somebody who practices a different religion than...
- Children are gifts. They are not ours for the breaking. They are ours for the making.
- Don’t we get it? To put our arm around someone who is gay, someone who has an addiction, somebody who lives a different lifestyle, someone who is not what we think they should be… doing that has nothing to do with enabling them or accepting...