It didn't make you noble to step away from something that wasn't working, even if you thought you were the reason for the malfunction. Especially then. It just made you a quitter. Because if you were the problem, chances were you could also be the solution. The only way to find out was to take another shot.Sarah Dessen
About This Quote
This is a very true quote. It makes perfect sense to get rid of things that are not working. When we try to change things and make them work, we can get frustrated and give up. But the real problem is not changing something, it is changing yourself.
We can't fix what we can't see. Sometimes we need to find a way to practice in order to learn how to do something. To do something a second time with a different approach will help us in achieving the best results possible in the future.
Source: Along For The Ride
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By Sarah Dessen
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
- Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you.
- No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater... The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like...
- You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It's not overrated. There's a reason for all those songs.
- I like flaws. I think they make things interesting.