About This Quote
When a person is truly loved by someone they love them back. They may have their faults but they are still there for him or her if need be. When a person is unloved by someone they love, the real pain may begin to set in. The pain doesn’t go away, it just becomes a part of who you are and how you see the world. This quote is the ultimate statement on the pain of being unloved by one we love.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Clive Barker
- Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.
- I dreamed I spoke in another's language, I dreamed I lived in another's skin, I dreamed I was my own beloved, I dreamed I was a tiger's kin. I dreamed that Eden lived inside me, And when I breathed a garden came, I dreamed I...
- Nothing else wounds so deeply and irreparably. Nothing else robs us of hope so much as being unloved by one we love
- [Horror fiction] shows us that the control we believe we have is purely illusory, and that every moment we teeter on chaos and oblivion.
- I am a man, and men are animals who tell stories. This is a gift from God, who spoke our species into being, but left the end of our story untold. That mystery is troubling to us. How could it be otherwise? Without the final...