Well, now If little by little you stop loving me I shall stop loving you Little by little If suddenly you forget me Do not look for me For I shall already have forgotten you If you think it long and mad the wind of banners that passes through my life And you decide to leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots Remember That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms And my roots will set off to seek another land .Pablo Neruda
About This Quote
There is no greater proof of love than to risk the safety of your own life for the sake of another. In this quote, Paul Simon sings about a man, who already has a girl’s heart in his possession, and who is willing to sacrifice all that he has to keep her. The man means everything to the singer but he would rather be a martyr for her sake than a coward. The singer sings that if he were to love her this much, then even if she were to walk away from him, he would walk away from her with her.
Source: Selected Poems
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Pablo Neruda
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
- Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
- Well, now If little by little you stop loving me I shall stop loving you Little by little If suddenly you forget me Do not look for me For I shall already have forgotten you If you think it long and mad the wind of...
- I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.