About This Quote
As a black woman, I am tired of having to choose a side. In this day and age, it seems as though we can’t stand for ourselves. We are expected to stand for the white man’s side but at the same time be against the black man’s side. This quote is a reminder that we shouldn’t have to choose a side because there is no right or wrong choice. No matter what you believe, you should be able to stand up for yourself without being attacked.
Some Similar Quotes
- This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.
- And, in the end The love you takeis equal to the love you make.
- Life, he realize, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.
- You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again.
- Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.
More Quotes By Bob Marley
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect–you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she...
- He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give...
- One love, one heart, one destiny.
- If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy.... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering...