You will be the first test subject, Tobias. Beatrice, however.." She smiles. "You are too injured to be of much use to me, so your execution will occur at the conclusion of this meeting." I try to hide the shudder that goes through me at the word "execution, " my shoulder screaming with pain, and look up at Tobias. It's hard to blink tears back when I see the terror in Tobias's wide, dark eyes." No, " says Tobias. His voice trembles, but his look stern as he shakes his head. "I would rather die."" I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice in that matter, " replies Jeanine lightly. Tobias takes my face in this hands roughly and kisses me, the pressure of his lips pushing mine apart. I forget my pain and the terror of approaching death and for a moment, I am grateful that the memory of that kiss will be fresh in my mind as I meet my end.Veronica Roth
About This Quote
A kiss is a sign of affection, love, passion, friendship, or worship. The act of kissing is usually accompanied by passionate kissing. It can range from very light contact of the lips to more intense contact with the tongue. Kissing is often used as a form of greeting, which can be considered a form of flattery.
Kissing is also known to be used as an expression of affection or love between partners in various situations, including when they are apart for an extended period of time. Kissing may also be used in intimate situations between members of the same sex.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Veronica Roth
- I have something I need to tell you, " he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back at him. "I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you,...
- Then I realize what it is. It's him. Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames.
- I fell in love with him. But I don't just stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie...
- I wonder if fears ever really go away, or if they just lose their power over us.
- I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me--they, and the love and loyaty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.