I don't like the way people cherish the ghetto, as if it’s some royal palace, or kingdom. I also don't like the way people treat each other in the ghetto. It is really hard to find love, trust, and respect. You don't find too many people that want to do better for themselves in the ghetto because so many people seem to be satisfied with where they're at.Delano Johnson
About This Quote
The quote, "I don't like the way people cherish the ghetto, as if it's some royal palace, or kingdom" means that you are the king of your own world. You are the boss of your own area and own whatever you want. You can decide how to live your life, what to do and think. The people of the ghetto are hard to find because they don't really want to do anything different. If you want to be successful, you need to move away from the ghetto.
Source: Words That Changed The World
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.
- Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having...
- The beginning of love is the will to let those we love be perfectly themselves, the resolution not to twist them to fit our own image. If in loving them we do not love what they are, but only their potential likeness to ourselves, then...
More Quotes By Delano Johnson
- I don't like the way people cherish the ghetto, as if it’s some royal palace, or kingdom. I also don't like the way people treat each other in the ghetto. It is really hard to find love, trust, and respect. You don't find too many...
- You can run from the truth. You can run and hide from the truth. You can deny and avoid the truth. But you cannot destroy the truth. Nor can you make the lie true. You must know that love will always uncover the truth.
- It’s only a book until someone loses their soul!
- Poetry keeps my heart neat, even when incomplete, I find peace.
- Poetry, will you show me where your words find peace?