About This Quote
The world is a dangerous place and there are many people who want to take advantage of you. Even if you stay safe, there is still a fear that something bad may happen to you. But the truth is, no matter how careful you are, you will still meet people who take advantage of you. There are those who will trick you into giving them money or information that should be kept secret.
In fact, the safest place for you to be is in your own home, away from those who will do you harm. The world belongs to the world and not to any one person.
Source: Flies To Wanton Boys
Some Similar Quotes
- Before, I wanted to say: "I found love! " But now, I want to say: "I found a person. And he belongs to me and I belong to him.
- You see, " she concluded miserably, "when I can call like that to him across space-- I belong to him. He doesn't love me--he never will--but I belong to him.
- Special" knowledge gives them a sense of power, control, status and/or monetary gain. For some, the need to belong is so powerfulthat they choose to ignore the fact that the power they think are wielding actually controls, manipulates, and abuses them.
- I threw my 20th birthday party at Brown, and I didn’t even have to say to anyone not to put pictures on Facebook. Not a single picture went up. That was when I knew I’d found a solid group of friends, and I felt like...
- It's helpful to remember that God doesn't belong to Christians, Jews, Muslims or anyone. We belong to God, not the other way around.
More Quotes By Thomm Quackenbush
- She was an exotic flower amongst the snowdrifts, out of place, a Technicolor misfit in a monochrome Christmas movie.
- His kisses were so hungry and male, which isn't bad. Every kiss said he could never have enough, but he wasn't going to stop trying. They were so hormonal. I wanted his sugar roughness. Girl's kisses are deliberate and polished. When she kisses me -...
- Her lips are like pillows of warm glass. It is strange to find her resistant for even a second, since she has been the kisser and not the kissed. It wasn't like the last time, which felt fumbling and unnatural. That time wasn't off-putting, just...
- Ashlei was free to spout off how much she loved her savior because Jesus was not about to rear back and tell her He did not quite feel the same way, that He had died for the sins of the world just because it was...
- The body tries to stop the mind from killing itself, no matter the cost. It is only the lack of strength, the fatigue that lets the jumpers fall at last.