About This Quote
There is nothing that pleases my eyes more than tears. This quote is all about the beauty of tears. If our eyes are only pleased with the sight of the things we love, then why do we cry? Tears are something that allow us to express our emotions. They show our weakness and remind us that even though life may be trying at times, we must never lose hope.
Source: The Complete Essays
Some Similar Quotes
- The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
- Is it possible, in the final analysis, for one human being to achieve perfect understanding of another? We can invest enormous time and energy in serious efforts to know another person, but in the end, how close can we come to that person's essence? We...
- The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.
- He suddenly recalled from Plato's Symposium: People were hermaphrodites until God split then in two, and now all the halves wander the world over seeking one another. Love is the longing for the half of ourselves we have lost.
- It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters,
More Quotes By Michel De Montaigne
- If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
- The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
- I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.
- I quote others only in order the better to express myself.
- Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a worm, and yet he will be making gods by dozens.