Anyone who thinks traditional and modern interpretations of demons are frightening had better remember that real angels inspired awe because they were so ghastly. How we usually think of angel is all due to Renaissance painters trying to sex up the concept. Most Christians, if they saw an angel in the flesh, would go run for their guns.Thomm Quackenbush
About This Quote
This quote is about the different perceptions of demons and angels. There are two types of angels according to Catholic beliefs, those that are good and those that are evil. The latter are called demons. However, the two concepts are not the same.
The Catholic Church believes that angels can be either good or evil, but not all angels are good. Demons are not only evil but they are often portrayed as grotesquely ugly, which is where this quote comes from.
Source: Flies To Wanton Boys
Some Similar Quotes
- There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that...
- They're in love. Fuck the war.
- If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: in love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are.
- And when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.
- The words ‘I Love You’ kill, and resurrect millions, in less than a second.
More Quotes By Thomm Quackenbush
- It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive...
- The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
- Happiness is not a goal...it's a by-product of a life well lived.
- Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
- Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn't have the power to say yes.