My dear, Find what you love and let it kill you. Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness. Let it kill you and let it devour your remains. For all things will kill you, both slowly and fastly, but it’s much better to be killed by a lover.~ Falsely yoursCharles Bukowski
About This Quote
The idea is that what one loves will ultimately be the death of them. That is because all things eventually do kill people, but it is so much better to be killed by someone you love than by something else. This quote can also be applied to relationships where one person loves another but does not want to lose them so they try to take advantage of that person. The relationship ends up becoming abusive and ultimately takes its toll on the victim. It is important to know that all things will kill you, but it is better to die lovingly than by something else.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Charles Bukowski
- My dear, Find what you love and let it kill you. Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness. Let it kill you and let it devour your remains. For all things will...
- Find what you love and let it kill you.
- I loved you like a man loves a woman he never touches, only writes to, keeps little photographs of.
- Love is a form of prejudice. You love what you need, you love what makes you feel good, you love what is convenient. How can you say you love one person when there are ten thousand people in the world that you would love more...
- Some moments are nice, some arenicer, some are even worthwritingabout.