About This Quote
Love is an emotion that is capable of bringing two people together. A relationship is often defined by whether or not two people are in love. However, the nature of the world has changed drastically over the years. Since the dawn of humanity, there have been political leaders who wanted to control all aspects of life, including love. These political leaders had no qualms about using the threat of force to keep their subjects in line, creating a climate of fear and intimidation that prevented people from expressing themselves freely.
Source: Love Quotes
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Delano Johnson
- I don't like the way people cherish the ghetto, as if it’s some royal palace, or kingdom. I also don't like the way people treat each other in the ghetto. It is really hard to find love, trust, and respect. You don't find too many...
- You can run from the truth. You can run and hide from the truth. You can deny and avoid the truth. But you cannot destroy the truth. Nor can you make the lie true. You must know that love will always uncover the truth.
- It’s only a book until someone loses their soul!
- Poetry keeps my heart neat, even when incomplete, I find peace.
- Poetry, will you show me where your words find peace?