About This Quote
When we are the ones who are behaving badly, it’s hard to see ourselves as victims. We lock ourselves in a situation where we want sympathy but wish to be seen as the aggrieved party.
Some Similar Quotes
- If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him...
- What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.
- The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love. That's the message we're brought up with, isn't it? Believe or die! Thank you, forgiving Lord, for all those options.
- Perhaps watching someone you love suffer can teach you even more than suffering yourself can.
- It is that we are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never no helplessly unhappy as when we have lost our loved object of its love.
More Quotes By Stephen Richards
- The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.
- When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.
- The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.
- Success will be within your reach only when you start reaching out for it.
- Judgment is a negative frequency.