About This Quote
Ultimately, it is the desire, not the desired, that we love. Actually, we love to be loved. We like to receive affection and we like to give affection. The belief that it is the other person who we love when in fact we are in love with our own desire.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Friedrich Nietzsche
- It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
- There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
- The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
- One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.
- Amor Fati — “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.