What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again.
About This Quote
The dandelion is not the flower of death, but the flower of rebirth. The dandelion reminds us that change is inevitable, yet it is also part of the cycle of life. Life moves forward. Everything dies and is replaced.
We are here to experience life, to learn and grow. Dandelions come back year after year in a season when there should be no flowers. The dandelion teaches us that if we want to live in the present, then we must live in the past and in the future as well.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Suzanne Collins
- You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real.
- What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again.
- I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, 'So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?' I turn into him. 'Put you somewhere you can't get hurt.
- And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.
- Peeta, how come I never know when you're having a nightmare?” I say.“ I don't know. I don't think I cry out or thrash around or anything. I just come to, paralyzed with terror, ” he says.“ You should wake me, ” I say, thinking...