About This Quote
The word no longer belonged to Man because they believed it did not. Man saw the gods alone as Creators and forgot that there had ever been any other way. This quote illustrates that men were blind to the Creator who had created them, and so they forgot His ways. The idea of the book of Genesis is that God created man in His own image, but men were so self-absorbed, they only saw the god in themselves, forgetting there was even another possibility. This idea is further elaborated with this quote, where men were so focused on themselves that they forgot there was anything outside themselves.
Source: Flies To Wanton Boys
Some Similar Quotes
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- Sometimes God allows what he hates to accomplish what he loves.
- No woman wants to be in submission to a man who isn't in submission to God!
- His hands are holding my cheeks, and he pulls back just to look me in the eye and his chest is heaving and he says, "I think, " he says, "my heart is going to explode, " and I wish, more than ever, that I...
- Why is there ever this perverse cruelty in humankind, that makes us hurt most those we love best?
More Quotes By Thomm Quackenbush
- She was an exotic flower amongst the snowdrifts, out of place, a Technicolor misfit in a monochrome Christmas movie.
- His kisses were so hungry and male, which isn't bad. Every kiss said he could never have enough, but he wasn't going to stop trying. They were so hormonal. I wanted his sugar roughness. Girl's kisses are deliberate and polished. When she kisses me -...
- Her lips are like pillows of warm glass. It is strange to find her resistant for even a second, since she has been the kisser and not the kissed. It wasn't like the last time, which felt fumbling and unnatural. That time wasn't off-putting, just...
- Ashlei was free to spout off how much she loved her savior because Jesus was not about to rear back and tell her He did not quite feel the same way, that He had died for the sins of the world just because it was...
- The body tries to stop the mind from killing itself, no matter the cost. It is only the lack of strength, the fatigue that lets the jumpers fall at last.