We must choose between the violence of adults and the smiles of children, between the ugliness of hate and the will to oppose it. Between inflicting suffering and humiliation on our fellow man and offering him the solidarity and hope he deserves. Or not.
About This Quote
The quote, “We must choose between the violence of adults and the smiles of children, between the ugliness of hate and the will to oppose it. Between inflicting suffering and humiliation on our fellow man and offering him the solidarity and hope he deserves. Or not” is a beautiful thought that can lead us to look at all the things that we do that are not right. It is about looking at what kind of world we want to live in.
Source: Open Heart
Some Similar Quotes
- One love, one heart, one destiny.
- We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don't even matter, while all that...
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.
- Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
More Quotes By Elie Wiesel
- The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
- Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
- If the only prayer you say throughout your life is "Thank You, " then that will be enough.
- Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must – at that moment – become the center of the universe.
- There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.