About This Quote
When someone is being someone who knows, they are being silent. This is the opposite of being someone who speaks, where they are speaking without knowing. This quote reminds us that if you know something, you should hold it in until the moment is right for you to share it with others.
Source: Tao Teh Ching
Some Similar Quotes
- A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts.
- One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and...
- There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
- You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
More Quotes By Lao Tzu
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- LoveEmbracing Tao, you become embraced. Supple, breathing gently, you become reborn. Clearing your vision, you become clear. Nurturing your beloved, you become impartial. Opening your heart, you become accepted. Accepting the World, you embrace Tao.Bearing and nurturing, Creating but not owning, Giving without demanding, Controlling...
- We join spokes together in a wheel, but it is the center hole that makes the wagon move. We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness insidethat holds whatever we want. We hammer wood for a house, but it is the inner...
- Because of a great love, one is courageous.
- Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being. Patient with both friends and enemies, you accord with the way things are. Compassionate toward yourself, you reconcile all beings in the world.