It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations.
About This Quote
Most of us have been taught from a young age that love has to be a lifelong commitment. If a couple is getting along again and again, it is because they have been together for a while and have learned how to work through their differences. However, this is not the only way that love comes into being. Most of us have experienced love at first sight. When that feeling hits, you know you are in love with someone even if you've never talked with them before.
When you fall in love, there is no time to waste. You just need to act on your feelings and go after the person who captured your heart.
Some Similar Quotes
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
More Quotes By Kahlil Gibran
- If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.
- Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other's cup but...
- Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
- When love beckons to you follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you. And when he speaks to you believe in him, Though his voice...
- No human relation gives one possession in another–every two souls are absolutely different. In friendship or in love, the two side by side raise hands together to find what one cannot reach alone.