He was not my boyfriend. On the other hand, he wasn't just a friend either. Instead, our relationship was elastic, stretching between those two extremes depending on who else was around, how much either of us had to drink, and other varying factors. This was exactly what I wanted, as commitments had never really been my thing. And it wasn't like it was hard, either. The only trick was never giving more than you were willing to lose.Sarah Dessen
About This Quote
The author of the quote "He was not my boyfriend. On the other hand, he wasn't just a friend either. Instead, our relationship was elastic, stretching between those two extremes depending on who else was around, how much either of us had to drink, and other varying factors." is talking about relationships in general. The relationship between two people who are not dating or having sex but are still close friends often relies on the ability to be comfortable with ambiguity. Such relationships may be more casual or even sexual in nature, but this is no different from any other relationship in that it requires honesty and trust between two people.
Source: Lock And Key
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Sarah Dessen
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
- Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you.
- No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater... The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like...
- You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It's not overrated. There's a reason for all those songs.
- I like flaws. I think they make things interesting.