The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
About This Quote
Jean-Paul Sartre said, "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Elie Wiesel
- The opposite of grief is not laughter or happiness or joy. It is love. It is love. It is love.
- What if the poem loses? What if it never tastes victory like the intent it was written with?
- That window which connects youto the agony of other people;that’s your soul. Close that window and you are soulless. And a soulless man is vestigial. He hears but cannot listen. He sees but cannot notice. And everyone knows:when eyes and ears become jobless, We look...
- The universe on your skin is emptyfrom all the silence on your tongue. Forgive yourself. Let your body healfrom all the wounds you did not inflicton yourself. Drop the sword you carryon your shoulder for self-defense. Lower the armor you hold high upfor protection. Those...
- So often we confuse mistakes for soul mates, lessons forlovers, and at the same time worthy life partners for one-night stands. It’s an epidemic.